Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 9th January 2018

WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 9th January 2018

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

 

Present

Cllr R Tripp (Chairman)

Cllr M Wells          (Vice Chairman)                                                                              

Cllr C Talbert                                                                         

Cllr F Fielding

Cllr L Simons

Cllr M Daly

                                                                                                                  

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr M Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Cllr S Jessel – Tonbridge & Malling Borough Councillor

Mrs T Bailey – Rostrum Correspondent

5  members of the public

 

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by reminding everyone in attendance the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported and asked if any person present intends to make a video or audio recording of the proceedings.  None

 17/090       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Marks

17/091       CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBER ON TO THE PARISH COUNCIL

There were three candidates.  Dave Evans, David Michelmore and

Stephen Tickner Following a secret ballot, counted by Cllr Balfour, Stephen Tickner was duly voted on to the Parish Council and took his seat with other Councillors.

17/092       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS

                   None

17/093       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman said members of the council had, that day, attended the funeral of Cllr Michael Cayzer who died on 19th December.  Cllr Cayzer had been serving member of the Council for over 25 years and he would be sadly missed.

The family had requested any donations to go the RAF Association or Diabetes UK. The Chairman suggested a donation of £100. Cllr Wells proposed donations of £50 to the RAF association and £50 to Diabetes UK. This was seconded by Cllr Talbert and all Councillors agreed.

 

The Chairman reported the War Memorial had been awarded Grade 11 listing by Historic England.

 

17/094       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour welcomed the news about the War Memorial.  KCC budget would appear on their website shortly. There would be possible increases to Council Tax of around £10 py on Band D Properties.  Consultations were still progressing on improvements to the crossroads with investigations into utilities like BT to consider. Funds were in place for any alterations.

Cllr Balfour stated he was no longer on the Cabinet.

Cllr Wells referred to a meeting of Kent Association of Local Councils when discussions were held on the reduction of bus services. Cllr Wells said the absence of Arriva was noticeable.  Cllr Balfour said the leader of Kent County Council, Paul Carter, was in discussions with the bus companies, with the possibility to integrate all different services.

Cllr Balfour said that although the Borough Council and County Council had to measure pollution there was no legislation that meant they had to deal with it.

The Chairman thanked Cllr Balfour who left the meeting at 7.55pm

 

17/095       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Jessel said the Borough Council Budget would be published in about 2/3 weeks time.  There were plans that the 3 Area Planning Committees share officers to save costs.  The Borough Council’s Government grant had been cut by 30%.  It had been suggested a magistrate’s court could make use of the Council offices.

Cllr Jessel stated he would be standing down as Borough Council in the 2019 elections

17/096       CRIME REPORT

Crime report attached – taken from Kent Police website and e-watch website

17/097       MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD On 5TH DECEMBER 2017 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes having been read were approved by Cllr Wells, seconded by Cllr Talbert and signed as a correct record

17/098       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 5th DECEMBER 2017

17/086 – Insurance on pavilion – ongoing

17/086 – Cllr Wells reported the final draft on the Parish Charter had been agreed and would go forward to the Parish Partnership Panel meeting on 7th February to be validated.

17/086 – Car Park – the Chairman had written to Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council asking what input the Parish Council would have in any discussions on future of the car park. To date there had been no reply.

17/087 – In the playing fields four rotten posts had been replaced.

17/099       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes No meeting  Councillors had copies of the final Budget for 2018/2019.   All Councillors voted in favour of accepting the Budget.

Council had received a quote for 4 new village signs. After discussion it was agreed to get further quotes.  Cllr Tickner would let the Clerk have details of contractors.

Planning – meeting to follow

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association   –  Nothing to report.

Village Hall – Nothing to report

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_– Cllr Wells stated that Tom Tugendhat MP had raised the issue of J5 slips with Highway England There was £5.3bn of funding available in this period and Tom Tugendhat wanted support. Councils were asked to support this by letter.  It was agreed to send a letter in support.  A list of KALC training Days available. Cllr Wells referred to the new Data Protection legislation and said as the Clerk cannot be a Data Protection officer this would have to be carried out by an outside body.

Parish Partnership Panel – Next meeting 17th February

Kent Community Rail Partnership – nothing to report

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch  – No meeting

Speedwatch report attached. Councillors raised the problem of vehicles constantly jumping the traffic lights at the crossroads and suggested the possible installation of a camera

Allotments –  nothing to report

Cemetery –  nothing to report

Village Warden – Nothing to report.  It was stated that John Ibbs had now moved out of the village.  It was agreed to ask him for a report on how he managed with a full time job and living away from the village. Councillors asked for a copy of the Village Warden job description.

Joint Flood Group – Cllr Fielding referred to the water emanating from Waterside Mews which caused spray from vehicles.  Also a blocked drain on Bow Road.  These had been reported.

 

17/100       FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Daly and seconded by Cllr Simons  All cheques were signed.

 

17/101       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

A resident referred to the gate and posts that were on the track leading down to the playing field, and which had caused problems.  The Chairman confirmed the owner of the middle field had been contacted and they had subsequently agreed fencing, gate and posts were on Council land.  parts of the fencing had been moved but the gate and posts remained.  It was agreed to write to the land owner giving a time limit to remove them.

 

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 9.00pm