Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 3rd July 2018

WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd July 2018

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

 

Present

Cllr M Wells (Chairman)

Cllr L Simons (Vice Chairman)                                                                   

Cllr D Marks          

Cllr F Fielding

Cllr D Mitchelmore

Cllr D Stones                                                                                                                    

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr M Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Mrs C Byron – Rostrum Correspondent

9 members of the public

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by reminding everyone in attendance the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported and asked if any person present intends to make a video or audio recording of the proceedings.  None

18/030       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Daly and PCSO Wendy Stanley

18/031       CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBER ON TO THE PARISH COUNCIL

One applicant – Mr Stephen Tickner  A secret ballot was held. 5 voted in favour 0 against 1 abstentions   Mr Stephen Tickner was duly co-opted on to Council, took his seat with Councillors and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office

18/032       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS

                   None                                                        

18/033       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman reminded everyone there would be no Parish Council meeting in August, the next meeting 4th September

The Chairman also confirmed the new ‘Welcome to Wateringbury’ signs were now in place

18/034       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour referred to the proposed alterations to the crossroads. Some members of the public were concerned the proposals would allow vehicles to travel faster. A new group ‘Wateringbury Traffic Group’ had been formed in the village with 214 members communicating via Facebook

Cllr Balfour was asked about speed cameras and he stated they would only be installed according to the accident record for the area. The Chairman stated the last accident recorded at the traffic lights was in 2011.  Cllr Balfour said traffic calming measures could not be used on A roads.  Cllr Stones referred to Hadlow village that has traffic calming on the A26

Cllr Balfour said you could not stop people speeding and with the number of new houses being built the number of vehicles would increase

Cllr Balfour asked the Traffic Group to send details of what they would like to see to the Clerk and this can then be forwarded to him.

Cllr Marks referred to the static speed indicator signs using solar panels

Cllr Balfour agreed to send details of options i.e.  mobile speed indicator device to the Parish Council

Mrs Sarah Hudson requested the use of the Speedwatch equipment to record the number of speeding vehicles over a longer period than the Speedwatch teams did at present.  Mr David Merry, Speedwatch Co-ordinator, stated anyone using the equipment other than his team would not be covered by the Police insurance. Police speed vans had been seen in the village.

The Chairman felt the Speedwatch team adequately covered the number of speeding vehicles

18/035       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

                   Cllr Jessel was not present

18/036       CRIME REPORT

Crime reports attached – taken from Kent Police website and e-watch website.  PCSO Wendy Stanley was unable to attend the meeting but had sent another report.  – attached

18/037       MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 5th JUNE 2018 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes having been read were approved by Cllr Simons and seconded by Cllr Mitchelmore and signed as a correct record

18/038       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 5th JUNE 2018

18/024 – No update on bullet points sent to TMBC relating to the car park

18/024 – Pollution monitoring Equipment – to be installed 19th June

18/024 – Data Protection – await update on possible amendment to GDPR bill

18/029 – water leak Bow Road – no update

18/029 – Drug problem at playing fields.  I member of the public had called the police when suspects were on playing field.  Police said they would send a squad car – no one arrived.  This would be reported to the PCSO.

18/039       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes No meeting. An estimate had been received from Safeplay to replace one of the cradle swings in the top play area with a swing suitable for all abilities, at a cost of £485 inclusive of chains and straps.  Cllr Mitchelmore proposed acceptance and Cllr Simons seconded this.  All Councillors vote in favour of acceptance

Cllr Fielding had reported on the condition of the bench outside the school entrance, which needed repairs.  It was agreed to see if a local tradesman could do the necessary work.

Planning – meeting to follow

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association Councillors had a copy of a report on a meeting with John Ibbs, Chairman of the Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association, to discuss the insurance on the pavilion at the playing fields.  After discussion it was agreed the Council would continue to cover the insurance and to put to John Ibbs the Association pay 50% of the premium due in September.

Village Hall –  Next meeting August

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_– Next meeting September

Parish Partnership Panel – The Chairman reported that Tonbridge & Malling borough Council would have to revisit their Local plan as an extra 630 houses were needed.  The final Local Plan was due to be with The Secretary of State by the end of the year.  The Chairman stated that Broadwater Farm had been sold for 1100 homes

Joint Parish Council Transport Consultative Group – Next meeting September

Kent Community Rail Partnership – no representative

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch  – No meeting.  The Chairman said a Highways Committee was needed.  Cllrs Tickner, Stones, Marks & Simons agreed to form a committee.

The Chairman thanked the Friends of Wateringbury for their efforts in clearing litter, weeds and rubbish in the village.

Speedwatch report attached.

Allotments –  Nothing to report – inspection to be arranged.

Cemetery –   nothing to report

Joint Flood Group –  Nothing to report.  Cllr Fielding said KCC had agreed to visit a resident on Tonbridge Road regarding flooding of their property.

18/040       FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Simons and seconded by Cllr Fielding   All cheques were signed

18/041       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

It was reported the waste bins at the playing fields were overflowing. A member of the public, who was walking the dog, referred to the speed at which cars went down the track to the playing fields and felt children could be exposed to danger.

A member of the public referred to reports that the signal box at the station would be boarded up, and it was stated this was not the case.

Vegetation was growing over the top of the Lock-up

 

There being no further business the Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 9.20pm