Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 2nd October 2018

 

WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 2nd October 2018

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

 

Present

Cllr M Wells (Chairman)

Cllr L Simons (Vice Chairman)                                                                   

Cllr D Marks          

Cllr R Tripp

Cllr D Stones

Cllr F Fielding

                                                                                                                     

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr Matthew Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Mrs C Byron – Rostrum Correspondent

9 members of the public

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by reminding everyone in attendance the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported and asked if any person present intends to make a video or audio recording of the proceedings.  None

 

18/054       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Daly

18/055       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS

                   None

18/056       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman stated an arrest had been made for drug dealing in Maidstone

The Chairman and Clerk would be attending a Local Plan meeting with Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council at Kings Hill Wednesday 3rd October

The Chairman stated a meeting had been arranged for Kent County Council to meet with the Parish Council on the 10th October regarding the proposed changes to the crossroads

18/057       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour stated once KCC had finalised the plans for improvements to the Crossroads arrangements would be made to have a public meeting. This would allow Highway officers to take on board any comments.

Some members of the public present raised their concerns over additional lanes proposed, saying it would increase pollution not reduce it.

Complaints about speeding in the village were also raised. Some form of traffic calming and speed cameras were suggested.  Cllr Balfour said that accident records were used to establish if traffic calming and speed cameras could be installed.  Cllr Balfour said decisions by the Parish Council should be made as they see fit.

Residents also raised concerns over the use of heavy vehicles using the bridge in Mill Lane associated with recent planning applications.  It was agreed to forward the Parish Council’s comments on a recent application to Cllr Balfour for his information.

The Chairman thanked Cllr Balfour who left the meeting at 8.05pm

18/058       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Jessel was not present

18/059       CRIME REPORT

Crime reports attached – taken from Kent Police website and the e-watch website

18/060       CCTV – VILLAGE HALL & PAVILION

Cllr Stones reported some of the CCTV cameras at the village hall did not work properly.    The CCTV screen in the pavilion had no pictures at all. After discussion Cllr Marks proposed that Chroma Vision inspect the equipment, and this was seconded by Cllr Stones. The Clerk would contact Chroma Vision

18/061       VILLAGE WARDEN

It was stated that since there was no village warden dog fouling at the playing fields had increased.  It was felt that the recent problems of possible drug dealing could not be confirmed as a direct result of not having a warden.  It was agreed to circulate to all members the job description of a village warden held on file.  It as also agreed to ask Cllr Daly to look at the this and let members have comments.

18/062       MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 4th SEPTEMBER 2018 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes having been read were proposed by Cllr Marks and seconded by Cllr Simons and signed as a correct record

18/063       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 5th JUNE 2018

18/048 – TMBC bullet points for pay & display at car park.  Comments were still awaited from the Village Hall Committee

18/050 – water leak Bow Road – Cllr Balfour would need to be contacted again

18/050 – Drug problem at playing fields.   No further update

18/051 – Speed signs at playing fields – Maidstone Signs had this in hand

18/053 – The headteacher at the school had been informed of the drug problems

18/053 – request for waste bin at village pond. – TMBC had been asked to supply a bin

18/064       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes No meeting.  The question of the removal two Sycamore Trees at Drayhorse Meadow was raised. One of the tenant’s livery owners had removed the smaller of the two trees and the tenant had obtained a price of £200 to remove the large tree.  After discussion it was agreed the Council would pay for the removal of the large tree.  It was agreed to ask the tenant to get the contractor to supply a quote to the Clerk.  It was stressed this would be a one off payment due to the tree being poisonous to horses.

Planning – meeting to follow

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association

The Chairman said a meeting had been held with James Woolley to discuss work needed at the playing fields.  This would be to lift the canopies of all the trees along the fence line and the trees along the back of the houses. James would submit a quote.

Cllr Stones referred to the possibility of a new pavilion and would attend any meeting and report back.  Cllr Stones also commented on how good the playing fields were looking.

Village Hall –  No report

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_– Report attached

Parish Partnership Panel –  report of meeting 6th September attached

Joint Parish Council Transport Consultative Group – Meeting 26th September

Kent Community Rail Partnership – next meeting 4th October

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch  – No meeting.

Speedwatch no report received

Allotments – Repairs to the gate and water tap cover had been completed.

Cemetery –  nothing to report

Joint Flood Group –  nothing to report

Network Rail ‘drop in’ meeting – The Chairman and Cllr Fielding attended a meeting. Report attached.

18/065       FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Tripp and seconded by Cllr Marks   All cheques were signed

18/066       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

Mrs Sarah Hudson referred to a survey she had carried out on local issues

Speeding was the issue most commented on.

Mrs Hudson referred to the proposed alterations to the crossroads and asked the Council if they would support local objections.

Other suggestions were Interactive Speed Limit signs, 30mph signs painted on roads, traffic calming and a reduction in the speed limit along the A26 from Pizien Well Road to Canon Lane.  Possible installation of a ‘living wall’ at the village hall.  Pelican crossing outside the hotel.

Mrs Hudson encouraged people to come to Parish Council meetings and write to Cllr Balfour

Mr Thompsett suggested the meeting with KCC be deferred until November.  It was stated that KCC had not set a date for the public consultation on the crossroads.

Mr Witts supported Cllr Stones’ comments on the condition of the playing fields and said that the contractor, Nepicar, always looked after the fields.

Mrs Byron referred to the burial in the cemetery of Kenny Brooks, stating  this is a Commonwealth War Grave and referred to plaques supplied by the War Graves Commission, that could be placed at the cemetery.

 

There being no further business the Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 9.40pm